Thursday, April 8, 2010

The Daily Insult. By Sylvia Davis.

It was December 7, 2001, the sixtieth anniversary of the "day that will which in infamy," and Sylvia and I had a recording session. She was proud of having been a WAC during World War II, stationed in England, and had vivid memories of hearing about the attack on Pearl Harbor.

"I'll never forget it," she sighed. She looked up at me. "Where were you when you heard the news?"

(In case you're not following, I was not exactly focused on world events in 1941, since it was fifteen years before I was born.)

3 comments:

  1. ..heh...
    Awhile back, a store clerk was confused that I turned down the Senior Citizen discount because, and this is an exact quote, "you only have to be 62".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got offered the senior citizen discount five years ago. I get asked if I'm my kids' father or their grandfather.

    ReplyDelete