Thursday, June 9, 2011

Any which way you can.

Truly, what is it about a guy wearing conspicuous earbuds who's currently bending over on somebody's front lawn with a blue plastic New York Times bag on his hand to clean up after his frisky dog, who is already straining at the leash to move on after toilet time, that makes a driver think I can quickly give directions while he's idling in the middle of the road, holding up the traffic?

And why is it, whenever I give directions -- and do my very best to make them crystal clear, as befits a 30-year professional in the field of explanatory communications -- that I immediately think of a better route as soon as he or she drives off?

1 comment:

  1. Re: earbuds: My husband, no matter how many times I ask him to get my attention before speaking to me when I have my (noise cancelling) earbuds in, will get very frustrated at me because I can't hear him. It's touchingly human.

    ReplyDelete