Friday, May 13, 2011

How many degrees of separation?

Just found that my names pops up on a website called Similar Authors. I make the second page in the list of writers who are similar to the site's most popular search, the ever-splendid Janet Evanovich.

Right next to Kathi Taylor and Rhys the Book.
I'll take that. Especially since I share that page with Elmore Leonard, Lawrence Block, and the outstandingly talented (and utterly gorgeous) Sparkle Hayter, who once left a lip imprint on my personal copy of An Embarrassment of Corpses but in whose presence I have always been, alas, completely tongue-tied. I need some better lines.

(A Canadian-born mystery novelist whose name really is Sparkle, who spent years as a reporter in Afghanistan, and who these days blogs about Bollywood. Possibly from Paris. Never mind better lines, I need a life.)

3 comments:

  1. Oh, and Sparkle also does stand-up.

    I'm a Renaissance Man myself, but only because I was born in the sixteenth century.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember signing that book... about a century ago...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The difference is YOU don't look a day older.

    ReplyDelete