Sunday, January 17, 2010

Fifteen down.

Just finished Chapter 15. At about four o'clock in the morning. Past 95,000 words and rounding the curve before the 100,000 milestone. Salvaged a couple of good lines from the deleted encounter with the village policeman and used them for a different scene.

(I didn't start writing till late. The boys were up well past their bedtime, because my watch had stopped. Oddly, I didn't notice for several hours that time seemed to have paused at 6:45 p.m.)

Before eight o'clock this morning, Tertius wakes me to complain that there's no milk for his breakfast cereal. I suggest he ask his one of his brothers to fetch a new carton from the basement fridge and bury my head under the pillow. Thirty seconds later, he's back, wailing about their noncooperation. I guess I forgot to remind him to ask "nicely."

And so the day begins. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment