Saturday, February 18, 2012

So would the Rebecca Black be the cheese or the turkey?

A local bagel store names its special sandwiches after iconic figures in music. For lunch today, I had the "Eric Clapton" tuna melt, but I really like the "Robert Johnson"* nova and cream cheese, because it includes capers.

 But, despite the erroneous urban legend, is it bad taste that they call the chicken cutlet bagel the "Mama Cass"?



*Pausing merely to shove in one of my occasional plugs for my old schoolfriend, Robb Johnson, one of the all-time great songwriters, who comes immediately after Robert on my sadly alphabetized CD shelves, but who manages to be a ridiculously good guitarist without going down to crossroad to sell his soul to the devil. At least, he's never mentioned it.

1 comment:

  1. I think Satan makes them sign non-disclosure agreements these days...

    ReplyDelete